UGC NET 2019 Exam Dates
The official schedule of the examination for June 2019 session is available at ntanet.nic.in. Tabulated below is the same:
|Event||June Session (Ongoing)|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Notification||February 4, 2019|
|Availability of Online Application Form||March 1 – 30, 2019|
|Availability of UGC NET Admit Card||May 27, 2019|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Date||June 20 – 28, 2019|
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet||June 28, 2019 (Available)|
|Candidates can raise objections from||June 29 – July 1|
|Result Declaration||July 15, 2019|
The National Eligibility Test (NET), also known as UGC NET or NTA-UGC-NET, is a test to determine eligibility for college and university level lecturership and for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals.
Exam would be conducted twice a year June month and December month
Educational Qualification Requirement For UGC NET
|General(Including candidates waiting for their PG Final Year result or going to be appeared in the exam)||55% aggregate in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree|
|ST/ SC/ OBC/ PwD/ Transgender/ EWS|
(Including candidates waiting for their PG Final Year result or going to be appeared in the exam)
|50% aggregate in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree|
- For General Category: Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/persons with disability (PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC/SC/ST/PwD category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Masters degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
|Posts||Age Limit (as on 1st March 2019)|
|Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)||30 years|
|Assistant Professor||No upper age limit|
Age Limit Relaxation
|S. No.||Category||Age Limit Relaxation (as on 1st March 2019)|
|1||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe||5 years(35 years)|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)|
|4||Persons with disabilities (PwD)|
|6||Candidates having research experience||Period spent on research – Maximum 5 years|
|7||Candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree||3 years|
|8||Candidates who have served in the armed forces||5 years|